EXAMPLES OF MAINTENANCE
Many people think if you go to a chiropractor you have to go for the rest of your life. And that’s not the case. But you don’t have to do a lot of things for the rest of your life.
- If you work hard to lose 50 lbs and you reach your goal, do you have to workout and eat healthy for the rest of your life to maintain that 50 lbs? No, but you need to.
- If you buy a hot water heater for your home, do you have to drain it every year to prevent mineral buildup? No, but you need to.
- Hypothetically, let’s say medicine cured you, which it absolutely doesn’t. Let’s say you were taking pills to lower cholesterol. Do you have to take cholesterol pills to keep your cholesterol low? no, but you need to. By the way, I just used this as an example. Medicine has absolutely no value outside of emergency first aid treatment which no profession can even compete they are in a league of their own. But outside of emergency care, medicine kills 1000000 people a year according to PHD Gary Null.
- If you’re Larry Bird and are one of the greatest jump shooters of all time, do you have to shoot 800 jump shots a day to maintain that skill? No, but you need to.
- If you get braces and spend 2 years getting your teeth straight, do you have to wear a retainer? Nope but you need to.
- You come to a chiropractor, to reduce nerve interference, thereby allowing a better expression of life. You get stabilized, all your symptoms are gone, you’re perfoming at your peak potential. Do you have to maintain that subluxation free state? Nope, but you need to.
In all these cases, once you reach a goal, what happens if you just quit working on it? It gets worse and worse eventually you’re back where you started. I just had a neighbor who didn’t maintain his hot water heater. Huge disaster, he had to redo his entire downstairs, it was at least a 3 week project. All new flooring and carpet. Just cause the hot water heater wasn’t maintained.
To be the best you, you need to maintain yourself once you have developed good habits. Once you are expressing more life by keeping your life turned on with chiropractic, you don’t have to maintain. But why would you not want to perform at your peak?
Can you imagine this woman below wanting to go back to where she once was? Keep the nerves flowing with the life impulse open and you do that with chiropractic.
Female, late 30s. While stabilizing never did she quit training and performing her triathlons which is a tremendous stress to the body. Once she finished stabilizing we asked her two weeks later to fill in the chart again. Amazing what two weeks can do for pain and ringing in the ears.
For Educational Purposes Only
No exercises, stretching, or traction is used on any patient. Only specific Gonstead Carlsbad chiropractic adjustments.
To follow more cases on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gohlclinic
For more information on Gonstead system: http://www.gonstead.com/
For more information, please contact your Carlsbad chiropractor, your spinal specialist in Carlsbad.
Dr. Joseph P. Kametz, DC
Gohl Clinic of Chiropractic